Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Monday, December 9, 2013 12:13:31 PM UTC-7, wpih...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013 18:59:11 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:
>
> > > If L is a constructable list of constructable 0/1 lists
> > > then there is a constructable 0/1 list, y, such that one cannot
> > > find a n in N with y the nth element of L.

> Note that this is sufficient to show there is no constructable list L, for
> which for any constructable 0/1 list y, y is in L. (Proof is by contradiction,
> assume L exists, then from y is in L we conclude that we can find an
> n in N such that y is the nth element of L. Contradiction. Thus L does not
> exist)

You from there is One Single L that we can't find y, to we can't find y in Any List.
You can't do that in general.

Counter example to your "proof"

Let L be the constructable list, where every constructable line consists of the constructable sequence y. We can find a line that is y. Indeed, any findable line is y.

> William Hughes

ZG

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]