Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Monday, December 9, 2013 1:42:49 PM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013 20:13:31 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:
>

> > Note that this is sufficient to show there is no constructable list L,
>
> Cantor's enumeration of the rationals is a construction.
>

> > for
> > which for any constructable 0/1 list y, y is in L. (Proof is by contradiction,
> > assume L exists, then from y is in L we conclude that we can find an
> > n in N such that y is the nth element of L. Contradiction. Thus L does not
> > exist)

> I am not interested in your "proofs" but in defining an irrational number like the antidiagonal d by an arbitrarily large sequence of its digits d_n (including an infinite sequence). This is impossible because for every digits d_n there are infinitely many duplicates.

You not interested in any proofs at all. You shout Dogma.

The above "proof" is invalid, but you are even too blind to that.

The Logic in that above exposition resembles the flawed reasoning you would use.

> If your proof supplies a contradiction, then set theory is self contradictory. q.e.d.

That's it! Use a flawed proof to defend your position.

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
[...]