Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

William Hughes

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Monday, December 9, 2013 4:42:49 PM UTC-4, WM wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013 20:13:31 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:
>

> > Note that this is sufficient to show there is no constructable list L,
>

> Cantor's enumeration of the rationals is a construction.

True but completely irrelevant. Cantor's enumeration of the rationals
doe not contain all constructable numbers.

> > for
>

> > which for any constructable 0/1 list y, y is in L. (Proof is by contradiction,
>

> > assume L exists, then from y is in L we conclude that we can find an
>

> > n in N such that y is the nth element of L. Contradiction. Thus L does not
>

> > exist)
>

> I am not interested in your "proofs"

These proofs show that things you do not want to be true
follow very simply from things you admit. You should
be interested in them. It is long since time that you
should agree there is no constructable list of constructable
numbers.

William Hughes

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]