Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

In article <653572ce-c47e-428e-930f-2cfa8779b835@googlegroups.com>,
WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> wrote:

> Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2013 20:13:31 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:
>

> > Note that this is sufficient to show there is no constructable list L,
>
> Cantor's enumeration of the rationals is a construction.
>

> > for
> >
> > which for any constructable 0/1 list y, y is in L. (Proof is by
> > contradiction,
> >
> > assume L exists, then from y is in L we conclude that we can find an
> >
> > n in N such that y is the nth element of L. Contradiction. Thus L does
> > not
> >
> > exist)

> I am not interested in your "proofs"

NOr are we interested in WM'sr disinterest, since his own "proofs" are
universally invalid outside of WM's wild weird world of WMytheology.

> but in defining an irrational number
> like the antidiagonal d by an arbitrarily large sequence of its digits d_n
> (including an infinite sequence). This is impossible because for every digits
> d_n there are infinitely many duplicates.

But d_n is not a digit, but a rational number at least in the notation
WM has been using, so his statement is, as usual, nonsense.

> If your proof supplies a contradiction, then set theory is self
> contradictory. q.e.d.

Set theories outside of WM's wild weird world of WMytheology are not
subject to WM's control, and can be, and often are, self-consistent,
even when, and especially when, incompatible with WM's wild weird world
of WMytheology
--

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
[...]