Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Monday, December 9, 2013 3:04:53 PM UTC-7, wpih...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, December 9, 2013 4:53:41 PM UTC-4, Zeit Geist wrote:
> > On Monday, December 9, 2013 12:13:31 PM UTC-7, wpih...@gmail.com wrote

> > > Note that this is sufficient to show there is no constructable list L, for
> > > which for any constructable 0/1 list y, y is in L. (Proof is by contradiction,
> > > assume L exists, then from y is in L we conclude that we can find an
> > > n in N such that y is the nth element of L. Contradiction. Thus L does not
> > > exist)

> > You from there is One Single L that we can't find y, to we can't find y in Any List.
>
> Nope, you missed the quantifier "any". L, a list of lists,
> must contain any constructable 0/1 list,
> not just one particular 0/1 list

Okay, sorry, I misunderstood.

You say "There is No List containing All lists."

Because, If there Were, along with the fact, "one cannot find a n in N with y the nth element of L"; results in a Contradiction.

I thought you were saying that No Constructible List of Constructible 0/1 Lists can be Constructed that contains some particular y.

Now I see.

Much apologies.

ZG

Date Subject Author
[...]
[...]