Replies: 110   Last Post: Dec 10, 2013 4:33 AM

Robin Chapman

Re: Uncountability of the Real Numbers Without Decimals

On 02/12/2013 15:53, christian.bau wrote:
> On Monday, December 2, 2013 1:36:40 PM UTC, WM wrote:
>> Am Montag, 2. Dezember 2013 09:09:39 UTC+1 schrieb Zeit Geist:
>>> The proof proceeds by Contradiction. We assume the Set of Real
>>> Numbers is Countable, and thus can be exhausted in a Sequence.

>> And that is the point at which further reading is absolutely
>> useless.

> Please explain your reasoning. I didn't find anything wrong with the
> proof, and if I missed something, I'm quite sure it's fixable.

Reasoning? I doubt it. Phrases like
"further reading is absolutely useless"
are Muckenheimese for "I'm wrong, but I won't admit it
and I'm going off in a sulk".

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
William Elliot