The Math Forum

Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:06:28 AM UTC-7, WM wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013 14:01:30 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:
>

> > Then you know that for a constructivist there is no list of
>
> > all real numbers.
>
> Here we need a list of all rational numbers only. This list can be diagonalized. The first few digits of the antidiagonal cannot prove that the antidiagonal differs from all rational numbers of the list. Nobody has ever seen the following infintely many rationals. We can only prove mathematically that they are there and infinitey many of them are identical with the antidiagonal for all digits such that it is impossible to distinguish the antidiagonal from all of them.

"Seen" is Not a Mathematical Concept!

The formula is a function F: N --> D = { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 }.
It is defined for ALL N e n. We write F(n) = d_n to represent the n-th Digit of d For All n e N.
The construction of the function F was done so that Given Any n e N, we have d_n ~= (L_n)_n.
Where (L_n)_n is the n-th digit of the n-th Entry of the Given List.

How can Anyone say that there is an Entry in the List that is Not Unequal to d?

Yes, All are there. But no, None of them are Identical with the antidiagonal. They are only Identical Up To a certain Finite place. This is Not enough for your "Disproof".

> Regards, WM

ZG

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
[...]