Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

Am Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013 21:39:31 UTC+1 schrieb wpih...@gmail.com:

> Your frequent claim is that the set of definitions of numbers (and hence the set of constructable numbers) can be listed.

My claim is that this set is potentially infinite. If set theory with its actual infinity is correct, then this set can only be countable.

> The fact that this list must be non-constructable should give you pause.

Of course the set of all finite words is listable. This list is constructable. The set of all constructable numbers is a sub list. If not, set theory is self-contradictory.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]