Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

fom

Re: Matheology 400: WM's Quantifier Confusion

On 12/11/2013 7:38 PM, wpihughes@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:29:39 PM UTC-4, Virgil wrote:
>> In article <795ed78a-f568-4431-bb55-997f6b8e671e@googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> wpihughes@gmail.com wrote:

>>> It seems to me strange that any constuctivist would make
>>
>>> this claim. Certainly the rationals are constructively
>>
>>> listable. Do you have a reference?
>>

>> No! Nor do I want one.
>>

> You don't know why and have no reference. What makes
> you think: For a constuctivist there is
> no complete list of all rational numbers?

Virgil works in the trenches here.

When you debate against WM's mangled nonsense,
things with which you are less familiar get confused
in all of the rambling.

Technically, Virgil's statement may be correct
in some forms of constructivism. Potential infinity
understood in terms of feasible realization never
completes an infinity, although its proponents would
hold that every rational is "constructively listable".

That would be an interpretation of Sanin who specifically
uses "feasible" and "realization" in the sense of Markov's
redefinition of quantification. Good stuff.

In what little I have read from this pair, infinity is
never "complete".

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]