Replies: 188   Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 5:48 AM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology 400: Quantifier Confusion

Am Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013 20:13:37 UTC+1 schrieb fom:

> > And if you acknowledge that d is nothing more than its digits, then there are infinitely many rational identical with d.
>

> Yes.

Nice to see that at least some here around have not completely lost mathematical understanding!

> That would speak to vagueness or plurality
>
> in your usage of number.

No, not in my usage but in the usage of those who accept that the limit is given by the finitely many terms of the sequence that are accessible.

> You have claimed otherwise. Hence, you
>
> accept completed infinities.

No. I accept limits calculated by formulas.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
Tucsondrew@me.com
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
[...]
[...]