Topic: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Replies: 59   Last Post: Dec 19, 2013 12:56 AM

quasi

Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle

quasi wrote:

>Conjecture (1) [revised]:
>
>If n > 6, there does not exist a rational n-gon with pairwise
>distinct edge lengths and no two vertices diametrically
>opposite which can be inscribed in a unit circle.

I meant: If n > 3.

For completeness, here's the full statement:

Conjecture (1) [revised]:

If n > 3, there does not exist a rational n-gon with pairwise
distinct edge lengths and no two vertices diametrically
opposite which can be inscribed in a unit circle.

>Remark:
>
>I think I've made it harder to beat, but I suspect it will
>still fail. In any case, it makes for a nice challenge.

quasi

Date Subject Author
12/10/13
Read rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/10/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/10/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Helmut Richter
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
scattered
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
fom
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
fom
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
fom
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/11/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Brian Q. Hutchings
12/13/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/13/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Brian Q. Hutchings
12/12/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Thomas Nordhaus
12/12/13
[...]
12/14/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/14/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/14/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/14/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/14/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/15/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/15/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/15/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/15/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
David Bernier
12/15/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
quasi
12/18/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
Richard Tobin
12/18/13
Read Re: rational n-gon inscribed in a unit circle
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
12/19/13