The Math Forum

Topic: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Replies: 23   Last Post: Dec 25, 2013 4:56 PM

Rick Decker

Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?

On 12/16/13 6:48 PM, Port563 wrote:
> "Jens Stuckelberger"<Jens_Stuckelberger@nowhere.net> wrote in message

>> On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:59:54 +0000, Port563 wrote:
>>

>>> I participated in sci.math a long time ago. Now, I am older and
>>> rustier, and my rust has rust.
>>>
>>> When I was last by this way, Prof. Lounesto had passed (in 2002), alas.
>>>
>>> And James Harris (of FLT infamy) was still busy polluting the group all
>>> too regularly.
>>>
>>> Only a few familiar names now - I note that the patient and tireless
>>> Arturo Magidin is still here. What happened to JSH, Arturo?
>>>
>>> Did JSH apologize or retract, or just fade away?

>> Why bring this up now? Do you want him back? Are you guys nuts?

> Good questions.
>
> 1. Idle curiosity.
>
> 2. No. And having now seen him comfortably settled in the blogosphere, free
> from pesky people who kept finding gaping holes in his "proofs" (sic), I
> don't think there's any prospect of an n+1'th Coming.

Too bad, in a way. It looks as if James is about to break his streak
of threatening to have me fired. He did so in 2004, 2007, and 2010,
but it looks as if 2013 will pass without another one.

Regards,

Rick

> 3. Not usually, but can't speak for the rest.

Date Subject Author
12/15/13
Read Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
RedAcer
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Peter Percival
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Jens Stuckelberger
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/17/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Rick Decker
12/17/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/20/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Rotwang
12/20/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
David Bernier
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
fom
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
fom
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/25/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Virgil