The Math Forum

Topic: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Replies: 23   Last Post: Dec 25, 2013 4:56 PM

Port563

Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?

"Rick Decker" <rdecker@hamilton.edu> wrote...
> On 12/16/13 6:48 PM, Port563 wrote:
>> "Jens Stuckelberger"<Jens_Stuckelberger@nowhere.net> wrote in message

>>> Why bring this up now? Do you want him back? Are you guys nuts?

>> Good questions.
>>
>> 1. Idle curiosity.
>>
>> 2. No. And having now seen him comfortably settled in the blogosphere,
>> free
>> from pesky people who kept finding gaping holes in his "proofs" (sic), I
>> don't think there's any prospect of an n+1'th Coming.

> Too bad, in a way. It looks as if James is about to break his streak
> of threatening to have me fired. He did so in 2004, 2007, and 2010,
> but it looks as if 2013 will pass without another one.

The progression (even ignoring month-effects) "obviously" goes:

2004, 2007, 2010, 2014

and not

2004, 2007, 2010, 2013

as JSH might have informed you, accompanied by ever-changing "proofs" (this
time, involving Banach spaces and Lie algebra) that he is correct and his
usual conspiracy bla-bla.

Therefore, Rick, your disappointment may be premature.

:)

> Regards,
>
> Rick

>> 3. Not usually, but can't speak for the rest.

Date Subject Author
12/15/13
Read Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
RedAcer
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Peter Percival
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
magidin@math.berkeley.edu
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Jens Stuckelberger
12/16/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/17/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Rick Decker
12/17/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/20/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Rotwang
12/20/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
David Bernier
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
fom
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
fom
12/24/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Port563
12/25/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/25/13
Read Re: Whatever happened to James Harris? Arturo?
Virgil