Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

In article <f0e5ddd0-3f73-490d-87bd-d786d931c7ed@googlegroups.com>,
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> On Saturday, 21 December 2013 21:15:47 UTC+1, Virgil wrote:
> > In article <648b5671-ece9-4998-a412-9766ac3c0c8d@googlegroups.com>,

> > jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:

> > > My very lose understanding of infinity, we can construct an
> > > algorithm that create an unfinite number terms in a list the
> > > simplest would be 1+1+1..., but we can not ever complete the list
> > > and never find the last member.

> > Since infinite lists by definition do not have last members, not
> > being able to find one is a GOOD thing.

> Since infinite sequences by definition have infinitely many terms
> following beyond every term, and every term is belonging to a finite
> initial sequence, not finding nearly all terms is a good thing.

Only in the Wilds of Wolkenmuekenheim.

For any sequence given by formula, one has already found ALL terms,
and THAT is a good thing..
--

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
[...]
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
JT
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent