Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 22:45:50 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:
> In article <f0e5ddd0-3f73-490d-87bd-d786d931c7ed@googlegroups.com>,
>
> mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

> > On Saturday, 21 December 2013 21:15:47 UTC+1, Virgil wrote:

> > > Since infinite lists by definition do not have last members, not
>
> > > being able to find one is a GOOD thing.
>

> > Since infinite sequences by definition have infinitely many terms
>
> > following beyond every term, and every term is belonging to a finite
>
> > initial sequence, not finding nearly all terms is a good thing.
>

> Only in the Wilds of Wolkenmuekenheim.
>

> For any sequence given by formula, one has already found ALL terms,
>
> and THAT is a good thing..
>
> --

Without giving a magnitude of ALL, that seem like handwaving to me.
Take this computation when will it reach zero.
x=1;
y=0.9
while (x>0) {x=x-y; y=y/10;}

According to mainstream math 0.999... is to be equal to 1, although i just proved it never will.

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent