Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:07:22 UTC+1 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 22:45:50 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:
>

> > In article <f0e5ddd0-3f73-490d-87bd-d786d931c7ed@googlegroups.com>,
>

> > mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

> > > Since infinite sequences by definition have infinitely many terms
>

> > > following beyond every term, and every term is belonging to a finite
>

> > > initial sequence, not finding nearly all terms is a good thing.
>

> > Only in the Wilds of Wolkenmuekenheim.
>

> > For any sequence given by formula, one has already found ALL terms,
>

> > and THAT is a good thing..
>

> > --
>

> Without giving a magnitude of ALL, that seem like handwaving to me.
>
> Take this computation when will it reach zero.
>
> x=1;
>
> y=0.9
>
> while (x>0) {x=x-y; y=y/10;}
>

> According to mainstream math 0.999... is to be equal to 1, although i just proved it never will.

You see it is all very simple to be able to claim that 0.999... actually add up to 1. You must be able to prove that there is such x that 10^-x actually equals zero and i do not see how you can.

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent