Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

William Hughes

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 5:57:52 PM UTC-4, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 21:15:47 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:
>

> > In article <648b5671-ece9-4998-a412-9766ac3c0c8d@googlegroups.com>,
>

> > jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > > My very lose understanding of infinity, we can construct an algorithm that
>

> > > create an unfinite number terms in a list the simplest would be 1+1+1..., but
>

> > > we can not ever complete the list and never find the last member.
>

> > Since infinite lists by definition do not have last members, not being
>

> > able to find one is a GOOD thing.
>

> > --
>

> Well a list without magnitude of its members adding upto a specific number seems unlikely.
>

> For example does a list of infinitly many 5's in a list add up to the same number as a list of infinitly many 1's?

Someone with two brain cells to rub together would look up the definition of infinite sum and conclude that neither sum exists.

> Are you saying they represent the same number or not?

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
JT
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent