Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:35:43 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:
> In article <b518ea39-8daf-465a-b700-4e9b46b446cf@googlegroups.com>,
>
> jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > > According to mainstream math 0.999... is to be equal to 1, although i just
>
> > > proved it never will.
>

> > You can not claim that a list generating nonzero terms to be equal to zero.
>
> > Thus the subtraction will never yield zero not ever after infinitly many
>
> > subtraction, whatever that is supposed to be in your fairynumber world.
>

> In mathematics, 0.999... represents either an infinite sequence of
>
> values or the limit value of such a sequence.
>

> In that latter case, the value is 1.
>
> So when speaking of "the value of 0.999...", one should be able to
>
> deduce that that limit value is what is meant.
>

> WM is apparently not able to deduce that.
>
> --

I do not see how he could the calculation you stipulate to become zero after infinitly many iterations. Will still yield infinitly many preceding zeros +1.

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent