Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:45:02 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:
> In article <782a708e-3828-4724-9de9-b99aba17962f@googlegroups.com>,
>
> jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Den l?rdagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 21:15:47 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:

> > > Since infinite lists by definition do not have last members, not being
>

> > > able to find one is a GOOD thing.
>

> > > --
>

> > Well a list without magnitude of its members adding upto a specific number
>
> > seems unlikely.
>

> The list 1, 2, 3, ... is one of many common lists that do not do so,
>
> and does not seem to me to be all that unlikely.
>

> > For example does a list of infinitly many 5's in a list add up to the same
>
> > number as a list of infinitly many 1's?
>

> Do you have a specific number in mind for either of those to sum to?
>

> > Are you saying they represent the same number or not?
>

> While such constant sequences themselves converge, their sums do not, so
>
> I, for one, do not claim either infinite sum actually has a value.
>
> So I am not saying that either even represents a number at all.
>
> --

Is a number converging towards a limit, the same as the number equals the limit.

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent