Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:51:26 UTC+1 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:45:02 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:
>

> > In article <782a708e-3828-4724-9de9-b99aba17962f@googlegroups.com>,
>

> > jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Well a list without magnitude of its members adding upto a specific number
>

> > > seems unlikely.
>

> > The list 1, 2, 3, ... is one of many common lists that do not do so,
>

> > and does not seem to me to be all that unlikely.
>

> > > For example does a list of infinitly many 5's in a list add up to the same
>

> > > number as a list of infinitly many 1's?
>

> > Do you have a specific number in mind for either of those to sum to?
>

> > > Are you saying they represent the same number or not?
>

> > While such constant sequences themselves converge, their sums do not, so
>

> > I, for one, do not claim either infinite sum actually has a value.
>

> > So I am not saying that either even represents a number at all.
>

> > --
>

> Is a number converging towards a limit, the same as the number equals the limit.

Sorry if a sequense converge towards a limit i meant.

What is in this case a serie is it be the added up terms of a formula? Could it be output an algorithm what , what is the main criteria for calling something a series?

Is the expression converging sequense, is it converge towards a serie or converge towards a limit(the same)?

When can you call something a sequense must it be possible to derive by formula?

You often talk about this and that list, what differ them from sets?

Is a random group of numbers a sequense?
Mulitply pi by each prime?

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent