Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 3   Last Post: Dec 21, 2013 10:10 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den söndagen den 22:e december 2013 kl. 00:00:57 UTC+1 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:51:26 UTC+1 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
>

> > Den lördagen den 21:e december 2013 kl. 23:45:02 UTC+1 skrev Virgil:

> > > The list 1, 2, 3, ... is one of many common lists that do not do so,
>

> > > and does not seem to me to be all that unlikely.

> > > Do you have a specific number in mind for either of those to sum to?

> > > While such constant sequences themselves converge, their sums do not, so
>

> > > I, for one, do not claim either infinite sum actually has a value.
>

> > > So I am not saying that either even represents a number at all.
>

> > > --
>

> > Is a number converging towards a limit, the same as the number equals the limit.
>

> An example by doubling up and adding lengths of sides of regular polygons, i find that the sum of sidelenghts converge towards a fractional expression relative the radius using the base of my preference. Would that mean that the circumreference could be expressed as a rational number?

Well the circumreference to radius ratio, and at what point will the sum of vertice lengths equal the circumreference of a circle?

After infinitly many vertices, well i may find the sequense of added side lengths converge towards a fractional ratio relative the radius or diameter?