Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

Tucsondrew@me.com

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:38:06 PM UTC-7, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:

> Well Wikipedia says there is proofs for this equality though is just just proved that the infinite sequense of 0.999.. do impossibly can equal 1.
>
> So it must be a bad stipulation.

Let x = 0.999... .
So, 10 x = 9.999... .
Subtract x from the LHS and 0.999... from the RHS. We can do this because they're equal.
Obtain, 9 x = 9.
Thus x = 1.

No tricks just a proof that 0.999 = 1.

ZG

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
JT
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent