Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

On Saturday, 21 December 2013 22:45:50 UTC+1, Virgil wrote:
> In article <f0e5ddd0-3f73-490d-87bd-d786d931c7ed@googlegroups.com>,
>
> mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:
>

> > On Saturday, 21 December 2013 21:15:47 UTC+1, Virgil wrote:

> > > Since infinite lists by definition do not have last members, not
>
> > > being able to find one is a GOOD thing.
>

> > Since infinite sequences by definition have infinitely many terms
>
> > following beyond every term, and every term is belonging to a finite
>
> > initial sequence, not finding nearly all terms is a good thing.
>

> Only in the Wilds of Wolkenmuekenheim.
>

> For any sequence given by formula, one has already found ALL terms,

That is a matter of definition of "found all". Give one natural number that is individualized such that everybody knows which number it is and can put it in trichotomy with any other natural number. I say: Give such a number which has not infinitely many numbers following it. Or confess that nobody can individualize all natural numbers.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
JT
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent