Topic: query about function output
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 26, 2013 7:45 AM

Loren Shure

Re: query about function output

"Dhanashree " <dhanurane17@gmail.com> wrote in message
> y=abs(x_fft(1:M/2,:));
> imagesc(t,f,dB(y))
>
> imagesc gives me the spectrogram.that is i have used that function to plot
> the spectrogram.y is giving the magnitude of the fft calculated.In the
> above function what does dB(y) do? when i use only y i get complete ble
> coloured spectrogram.plz help.

dB is either a function that you have or a variable you haven't shown us
yet. It looks like it's meant to be a decibel calculation, but without the
code, hard to say...

--
--Loren

http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren