Topic: query about function output
Replies: 4   Last Post: Dec 26, 2013 7:45 AM

Loren Shure

Re: query about function output

"Dhanashree " <dhanurane17@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Loren Shure" wrote in message <l9c8pl$sqb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> "Dhanashree " <dhanurane17@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> dB is either a function that you have or a variable you haven't shown us
>> yet. It looks like it's meant to be a decibel calculation, but without
>> the code, hard to say...
>>

>> --
>> --Loren
>>
>> http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren

> ok.....i am giving you the whole program i have.It is basically program to
> plot spectrogram.plz explain it to me.
>
> M=256;
> B=floor(N/M);
> x_mat=reshape(x(1:M*B),[M B]);
> hamming(M);
> win_mat=repmat(hamming(M),[1 B]);
> x_fft=(x_mat.*win_mat);
> y=abs(x_fft(1:M/2,:));
> t=(1:B)*(M/fs);
> f=((0:M-1)/(M-1)*(fs/2));
> f;
> %bark=frq2bark(f);
> %bark=13.*atan(0.00076*f)+3.5.*atan((f/7500)^2);
> figure(2);
> imagesc(t,f,dB(y));
> colormap(jet);
> colorbar;
> set(gca,'ydir','normal');
> xlabel('Time(sec)');
> ylabel('Frequency(Hz)');
> title('Spectrogram');

As stated earlier and with this code, it looks like dB must be a function.
In MATLAB, try

which dB

to see if there's such a file on your matlabpath. Then you can either get
help for it or edit it to see what it does.