Topic: Extracting particular row of a matrix based on specific condition
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jan 3, 2014 10:03 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: Extracting particular row of a matrix based on specific condition

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <la3v66$3rm$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

> Been puzzling over your last comment, Bruno...couldn't decide what you
> meant by "recomputing it". I guess you're speaking of the logical test
> to select nonzero elements instead of just a direct use of the logical
> addressing vector.

Yes, (ib > 0) is identical as t, wht throw it away with "~" ?

> The problem I see with sort() is that I think in the general case the
> results could be jumbled since the two matrices are given independently.
> AFAICT there's no guarantee the magnitude order would be the same as
> the position order in the B array of an arbitrary selection of values in
> the A vector. Or, at least, that's my understanding of the OP's quest...

I don't understand. In my command, sort(ib(t)) returns the indexes in ascending order. Nothing to do with "magnitude".

Bruno