Topic: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Replies: 24   Last Post: Feb 15, 2014 3:42 PM

William Hughes

Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction

On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:24:41 AM UTC-3, sperm...@yahoo.com wrote:
> australias leading erotic poet colin leslie dean shows that if
>
> 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
>

> http://www.scribd.com/doc/40697621/Mathematics-Ends-in-Meaninglessness-ie-self-contradiction
>

> simply
>
> 0.9999.... is a non-finite number/
>
> 1 is a finite number
>
> thus we have
>
> a finite number = non-finite number
>
> thus a contradiction in terms
>
> thus
>
> mathematics ends in contradiction

Brilliant. Mathematics is meaningless.
No problem, I will continue to pretend that
0.999.. is a finite representation of an
infinite representation of a finite number.
Now go away.

William Hughes

Date Subject Author
4/10/13
Read 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Jens Stuckelberger
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
bacle
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
4/10/13
Read show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
[...]
4/12/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/14/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
4/11/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Pfsszxt@aol.com
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
1/9/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
DrMWEcker
2/12/14
Read "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and even saying nothing"
Port563
2/12/14
Read Re: "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and
even saying nothing"
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/12/14
Read it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/14
Read Re: it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/15/14
Read the dog ate your sense of humor