Topic: Validating Natural Language Statements (and Mathematical Propositions)
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 11, 2014 11:12 PM

Peter Olcott

Re: Validating Natural Language Statements (and Mathematical Propositions)

On 1/11/2014 2:59 AM, Franz Gnaedinger wrote:
> On Friday, January 10, 2014 2:00:09 PM UTC+1, Peter Olcott wrote:
>> The difference is that in my case since my views are based on purely
>> analytical reasoning, they will eventually be fully understood and
>> accepted, or proven incorrect beyond all possible doubt.

> You hide the flaws of your logic behind the ambiguities
> of language instead of developing a formalism in the way
> Gödel did. He already proved that you are incorrect
> beyond all possible doubt. You have no formalism that
> would prove him wrong.

1) This sentence can not be proven true.
2) This elephant can not be proven true.

Hypothesis:
These two are analogous in that the reason they can not be proven true
is that there is nothing to prove.