Topic: Is the Universe Made of Math? [Excerpt]
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 29, 2014 9:50 PM

The Starmaker

Re: Is the Universe Made of Math? [Excerpt]

altergnostic wrote:
> "Lord Androcles" <Eyrie@Medway.Cstl> wrote:

> > "altergnostic" wrote in message news:lb0jip$7ft$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> > [snip to and fro argument to nowhere]
> >
> > Is a hexagonal snowflake caused by the shape of water molecules or
> > mathematics, and what is the difference? Six is a number and integral to
> > the snowflake. The water molecule is the hardware, math is the
> > software. Hardware and software are symbiotic, each useless without the
> > other. The Universe is not either/or, it is both.
> > -- Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

> I like this stance.
> Both math and physics are ASPECTS of reality. I reject the notion that math
> exists a priori and makes up the universe on its own.

"Both math and physics are ASPECTS of reality."????

You got that all wrong!

Both math and physics are ASPECTS of *YOUR* reality, not reality itself.

You simply are *structured* to view reality physcally and mathematically...

you are projecting...

you are reading into it, not reading from it.

It's an illusion! A very persistent stubborn illusion.

The Starmaker

There is a differece between reading 'into' Nature, and reading 'from' Nature....

You people do a lot of 'reading into Nature'....I wish you would stop this nonsence.

You people give Nature a bad name?