The Math Forum

Topic: Is the Universe Made of Math? [Excerpt]
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 29, 2014 9:50 PM

The Starmaker

Re: Is the Universe Made of Math? [Excerpt]

altergnostic wrote:

> The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> > "Both math and physics are ASPECTS of reality."????
> >

> > You got that all wrong!
> >

> > Both math and physics are ASPECTS of *YOUR* reality, not reality itself.
> >

> > You simply are *structured* to view reality physcally and mathematically...
> >
> > you are projecting...
> >
> > you are reading into it, not reading from it.
> >

> > It's an illusion! A very persistent stubborn illusion.
> >

> > The Starmaker
> >

> > There is a differece between reading 'into' Nature, and reading 'from' Nature....
> >

> > You people do a lot of 'reading into Nature'....I wish you would stop this nonsence.
> >

> > You people give Nature a bad name?

> Potato, potahto.
> Admittedly, reality just is, period. Any added adjective is of our own
> making, and serves to help us understand and, yes, relate to it on a
> rational basis.
> That doesn't mean there are both adequate and inadequate descriptions (or
> projections, if you like). If i project my belief that reality is made of
> frutyiolpfs, which are transcendental objects made of love and clay, is
> that SCIENTIFICALLY valid?

The answer is Yes! If "frutyiolpfs" passes observation and experiment,
and you are structured to
view reality as frutyiolpfs, then it is scientifically valid.

Change the structure of your brain and you change your reality, the way
you view the universe.

Currently, you are structured to view the universe as
mathematically...somewhere else...maybe another
planet, some alien on a flying saucer may have a different brain
structure...frutyiolpfs.

How do you think the alien from another planet flies the flying saucer?