Below is Update 4 for the conference, and attached is the updated First Announcement6. Please use this version to register for the conference.*
UPDATE 4 for the International Montenegro Conference Sep 21-26, 2014
1. *More than 40 people have registered for the conference so far. We look forward to your early bird registrations before January 31.*
2. *If you are planning to present a paper and need a peer review please register, pay the fee and send your paper as soon as you can because we need time to organise the reviews with our very helpful team of volunteers (peer review is NOT compulsory but is simply a free offer on our behalf if you wish to take advantage of it). *
3. *For those presenting papers please note that we are using a hotel for our conference and there are NO computer rooms available. There will be a computer projector in every working group break-out room.*
4. *If you have registered and need a formal and official letter of invitation please send your full title and work affiliation address, as well as the title of your paper if you are presenting one.*
5. *Before making your travel plans, please remember to check the visa requirements (if any) to enter Croatia, which is in the EU (for Dubrovnik airport), and Montenegro (for Tivot airport). Public transport and/or taxis are available from both airports to our hotel.*
6. *For those of you sharing a room please let me know if you wish to have a room with one double bed or two single beds (twin share), both are available in the hotel but I need to know your preference. If I do not hear from you will automatically be allocated a twin share room*
7. *Independently of us, and the hotel, a local tourist tax of 1? a day per person is levied for all people staying at the hotel. Please pay this directly to the hotel when you check in.*
8. *An extra 1-2 nights may be booked before and/or after the conference at the specially reduced conference room rates. I will send full details of how to do this to those who are interested and who have registered and paid the conference fee.
*We hope to include papers from MACAS Group members during our conference. MACAS stands for Mathematics and its Connections to the Arts and Sciences. The MACAS Network was founded in 2005 and started with MACAS 1 at the University of Education in Schwäbisch Gmünd (Coordinating institution of ScienceMath),Germany. MACAS 2 took place at Syddansk Universitet (partner institution in the ScienceMath project) in 2007 and MACAS 3 at Université de Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, which Margaret and I attended. The goal of MACAS is to bring together researchers who share the vision of unifying the arts, mathematics, and the sciences in the school and university curricula or who are involved in interdisciplinary work between mathematics, sciences and arts. We warmly invite current MACAS Group members and others to present papers in Montenegro.*
*I warmly thank **Astrid Beckmann, Viktor Freiman & Claus Michelsen for their help and information about MACAS.