The Math Forum

Topic: Is the Universe Made of Math? [Excerpt]
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 29, 2014 9:50 PM

The Starmaker

Re: Is the Universe Made of Math? [Excerpt]

Y wrote:

> On Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:17:37 AM UTC+10, The Starmaker wrote:

> > altergnostic wrote:

> > > Ah, there you go. There are conditions that make a claim scientifically
> >
> > > valid, as you enumerated. Currently, frutyiolpfs are not valid, as there is
> >
> > > no model nor evidence of transcendental entities made of love and clay (to
> >
> > > the point where the sentence has little meaning).
> >
> > > If frutyiolpfs was to pass scientific scrutiny, it could very well be
> >
> > > stated they are aspects of reality.
> >
> > > Currently, math and physics are as much aspects of reality as time-wasting
> >
> > > discussions are aspects of sci.physics.relativity. Falsify this claim, i
> >
> > > dare you.
> >

> > What claim? I'm sorry...i don't want to bust your bubble..
> >

> > Math has no reality.
> >

> > Why is that so differcult to understand?
> >

> > There is no math heaven.
> >
> > There is no math cloud.
> >
> > There is no math planet
> >

> > Look at Mars, do you see math under a rock somewhere?
> >

> > I understand...some of yous like math.
> >
> > Some of yous Love math...
> >

> > if you're in love with math, i don't want to break you guys apart.
> >

> > The reality is...
> >

> > Math is nothing more than....a feeling you have that it is real, that it exist out there some where...but it's just a ...'feeling'.
> >

> > Feelings, nothin more than feelings.

> > > Change reality and you change reality, yes. Currently, reality includes
> >
> > > this structure if the brain, and math and physics seem to work when
> >
> > > describing nature, se we are allowed to infer they are discovered, not
> >
> > > invented, aspects of reality. You are also allowed to say they aren't and
> >
> > > we are all just brainsturbating, as i agreed: reality just is, any
> >
> > > advective is of our own making. So, with all that in mind, i still feel
> >
> > > safe to say that reality has physicality and mathematicalicality, i think
> >
> > > Gaia knows what i mean and says it's fine, if this helps us understand her.
> >

> > "i still feel safe to say that reality has physicality and mathematicalicality,"
> >

> > Yes, the operative word is "feel".
> >

> > "reality has physicality and mathematicalicality"...is just...a feeling, that is safe to say.
> >

> > You agree with me, in your own words, 'You *feel* safe to say, that reality has physicality and mathematicalicality'
> >

> > The Starmaker

> Now, there are some very simple techniques that may = improve your writing and possible social interactions...
>
> Try to sandwich your future comments with,
>
> In my opinion... "math has no reality"
>
> But then you need to further qualify this, because we know that math is real. So what is reality to you ? Math is also something in the physical world, so it is also physical.
>
> Now, try to answer "where" math is real, and in what way.
>
> The way you describe Alter's *feelings* on math is good.
>
> -y

I understand that this might seem...bewildering to you people
in the 'math community and scientific community'..
it's mystifing and confusing to yous...

but, what difference does it make, you people in the
'math community and scientific community' are *always*
BAFFLED!

It is your nature.

Everything baffles yous.

You're just a bunch of baffling baboons!

You keep forgetting..
not everyone views the universe as ...mathematical,

it's just a few yous...

just a few.

The Starmaker

Now...
do you know why
light travels
a fixed number amount? 186282 miles per second

I'l tell you Why..

Because Math is fixed.
Math has it's limits.
Math is not timeless..
it is set In time.

No time for math.

Hey, I'm beggining to sound like a Baffling Baboon!!!!

I think I'll go out and cure cancer!!

There's no stopping be now..