Topic: Step-By-Step Solutions No Longer working?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 20, 2014 3:53 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Step-By-Step Solutions No Longer working?

Try, for example:

WolframAlpha[=93integrate x cos(x)", "FullOutput"]

You should see a clickable =93Step-by-step solution=94 button near the upper-right corner of the output. click it.

On Jan 19, 2014, at 2:56 AM, Matthias Bode <lvsaba@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hola:
>
> Itai Seggev wrote:
>
> "It seems a bit finicky--sometimes I have to click twice--but basically working."
>
> As a subscriber to WOLFRAM|ALPHA I know step-by-step solutions.
>
> Where/how in MATHEMATICA (9.0.1) do I have to click (twice) to get the step-by-step solution?
>
> Best regards,
>
> MATTHIAS BODES 17.36398=B0, W 66.21816=B0,2'590 m. AMSL.
>

>> From: itais@wolfram.com
>> Subject: Re: Step-By-Step Solutions No Longer working?
>> To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net
>> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 03:50:44 -0500

>>> It seems a bit finicky--sometimes I have to click twice--but basically
>>> working. Can you provide an example of an input which reliably doesn't work
>>> that I can test?

>> A bug was introduced which affects some inputs, but not all. For example
>> y'=y^2 fails, but y''=y^2 works. We are currently working on a solution, which
>> hopefully will be ready in a few days.
>>
>> --
>> Itai Seggev
>> Mathematica Algorithms R&D