Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Yilin

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

Hi everyone. I'm having a similar issue and I don't have duplicated function name in my working directory. There are only have two self-created functions 'functest' and 'funcone'. 'functest' is created after I started my current matlab. 'funcone' is created from last time. However, 'funcone' is not running. 'functest' is fine. I have tried reinstall matlab. The problem still exists. Do I have to create a new function every time ??
Any help is much appreciated.

EDU>> pwd
ans =
C:\Users\DESKTOP\Documents\MATLAB

EDU>> dir
. .. funcone.m functest.m

EDU>> which -all funcone
C:\Users\DESKTOP\Documents\MATLAB\funcone.m

EDU>> funcone(1)
Undefined function 'funcone' for input arguments of type 'double'.

EDU>> which -all functest
C:\Users\DESKTOP\Documents\MATLAB\functest.m

EDU>> functest(1)
ans =
2

"Theophane " <theo.weber@hotmail.com> wrote in message <huspi6$6ko$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Matlab has gone mad! It won't accept any declaration other than predeclared matlab functions (say, fft). Almost any other function call returns 'Undefined function or method bla bla'.
>
> I know you'll think that I don't have the path defined correctly, or that my function is not defined properly, but this is not the case. I am trying to call functions or script located in the directory i am currently browsing.
>
> Tab autocompletes their name when I start typing the first few letters.
> But as soon as I press enter, matlab gets confused. I have been using matlab for years, never encountered this problem.
>
> Even weirder, I can copy those files in a different folder, and sometimes, just sometimes, they will work. For a bit. Before becoming un-callable again.
>
> This does not concern all the files I am using, just some. they can be on a different drive, too.
>
> Does anyone have any clue what is going on?

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14