Topic: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Replies: 27   Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:41 PM

Yilin

Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...

For my case, it is 'user error'. I do have a dup file name. When I started to remove each file one by one out of my current directory yesterday, I didn't restart Matlab after I removed them so Matlab still thought I had conflicting file in the directory. 'functest.m' was created and ran successfully after I kept only 'funcone.m'.

Given the huge amount of views on this post, it will be really helpful even if Mathwork can do a proper error message with conflicting file names as part of the output. Thank you.

"Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <lc8hu6$1hn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Yilin " <chyylq@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi everyone. I'm having a similar issue and I don't have duplicated
> > function name in my working directory. There are only have two
> > self-created functions 'functest' and 'funcone'. 'functest' is created
> > after I started my current matlab. 'funcone' is created from last time.
> > However, 'funcone' is not running. 'functest' is fine. I have tried
> > reinstall matlab. The problem still exists. Do I have to create a new
> > function every time ?? Any help is much appreciated.
> > ans =
> > C:\Users\DESKTOP\Documents\MATLAB

> > . .. funcone.m functest.m
> > C:\Users\DESKTOP\Documents\MATLAB\funcone.m

> > Undefined function 'funcone' for input arguments of type 'double'.

> Show the group the contents of funcone.m. Is it a function file, a script
> file, a class file, or not a MATLAB program file at all? [Just because it
> has the extension doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be a MATLAB program file.]
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Date Subject Author
6/11/10
Read Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Theophane
6/11/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shanmugam Kannappan
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jan Simon
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
teki
9/17/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
9/22/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Jeremy Lagorse
9/23/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
4/7/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Shai
6/28/11
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
nick
3/23/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Hye Young
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
us
8/10/10
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Walter Roberson
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Rafa
11/12/13
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Steven Lord
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Di
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Øyvind
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
John D'Errico
5/30/12
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Frank
1/27/14
Read Re: Undefined function or variable - for no reason...
Yilin
1/28/14