Topic: Sequence: IA, A2T, Geom?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Feb 5, 2014 9:52 AM

Evelyne Stalzer

Re: Sequence: IA, A2T, Geom?
att1.html (2.0 K)

SAT and college placement tests will have some geometry, which will now
come too late for these students.

We also find that some of our students do not make it to the third year in
the planned sequence, but are diverted to an elective in place of the third
course. If that happens in your school as well, you would have students who
never take geometry.

Finally, it may be my own personal prejudice, but the logic and proof
elements of geometry are an important part of teaching students to think,
and I believe that they are ultimately more important than the properties
of quadrilaterals when it comes to turning out "educated" citizens.

Evelyne Stalzer