Topic: AP Calculus AB & AP Statistics & Math 2 Honors & Math 2 Standard?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Feb 10, 2014 11:45 AM

James Elander

Re: AP Calculus AB & AP Statistics & Math 2 Honors & Math 2 Standard?
att1.html (4.0 K)

I think it is to heavy a loaf, even with our 3 yr. background. How large is
the school population? (over 3000?) Your town must be like Woebegone, where
all the kids are above normal! What size are the classes? Are the
administrators teaching?
Dropping geometry!!! Can't believe it. I just completed a Geometry Text
which explains and teaches the 2 reasons why geometry is needed.) It has
been required for leadership since Plato's time, 300 BC and colleges
require it. The valid conclusion or decision making product has been
neglected but that is not a reason to drop it, let's fix the teaching.
Quote: Don;t tell me what to think, but teach me how to think.
Proof of the previous statement is that invalid conclusion which was used
to arrive at your lower pay.
Good Luck!

Respectfully,
Jim

--
Jim

Jim has 5 new CDs on the market.
CD1:TGIF MATH (A 100+ activities to make a hectic math
period on days like prior to homecoming into an rewarding
learning day.)
CD2: EVERYDAY DECISION MAKING VIA GEOMETRY
ESSENTIALS (A Logical development of the essentials
of PL. & Solid Geometry and applying it to decision
making.)
CD3: EVERYDAY DECISION MAKING VIA MATHEMATICAL
BRIDGES FOR A BETTER FUTURE (Liberal Art
"bridges" emphasizing critical thinking.)
CD4: EVERYDAY DECISION MAKING FOR A BETTER
CAREER (Mathematical topics needed for skills and for
better decisions)
CD5: BASIC HIGH SCHOOL MATH REVIEW (Review for SAT,
ACT or other tests with Dec ision Making skills)
For more info:
http://sites.google.com/site/mathfordecisionmaking/