Topic: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Replies: 26   Last Post: Feb 22, 2014 8:04 AM

Domenico Rosa

Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak

> On Feb 10, 2014, Robert Hansen wrote:
>
> The whole thing is gobbledygook. But I have learned a
> valuable lesson through it all. Not to run towards
> this battle of idiots. Run around it or away from it,
> but never towards it.

The following Letter to the editor was published on Feb 10, Page A9.
==============

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/letters/hcrs-18641--20140207,0,612719.story

Time To 'Decouple' Stefan Pryor From Education Job

Kudos to columnist Colin McEnroe for so accurately defining the phoniness that Stefan Pryor and other educrats represent [Feb. 9, Opinion, "Parsing The Unintelligible Stefan Pryor"].

Language is incriminating. One needs to look no further than the silly educational jargon of Pryor and his ilk to understand the scope and magnitude of the problems facing public education. The sad irony is that Pryor thinks that he is actually saying something of real import when most of the time he is blowing hot air.

A further unfortunate irony is that politicians falsely and naively assume that they must turn to those with doctorates in education to lead a reform movement in education. It's a lethal combination. Unfortunately, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy embraces the nonsense from Pryor and his dreary band of blowhards.

As state Senate Republican Leader John McKinney has said, Stefan Pryor should be summarily fired -- or in the commissioner's own language, "decoupled" from his job as commissioner.

Philip R. Devlin, Haddam
The writer is a retired high school teacher

Date Subject Author
2/9/14
Read Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/12/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/14/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/15/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/15/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/15/14
[...]
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/22/14