Topic: Re: AP Calculus AB & AP Statistics & Math 2 Honors & Math 2
Standard?

Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 12, 2014 8:47 AM

Greg Goodknight

On 02/10/2014 08:40 PM, GS Chandy wrote:
> Indeed? So do explain to us just how, in your opinion, "drowning the Harvard Graduate School of Education like a kitten" might contribute to improving the US educational system.

Since you can't ask the long dead Harvard president why he said that,
read E.D. Hirsch's "The Schools We Need...".

> Given that the training of teachers is a crucially important part of the 'education system', blowing up the schools of education (or "drowning the Harvard Graduate School of Education like a kitten") is surely not the way to go.
>
> That kind of thinking is precisely what I'd classify as naive.

I'd call your reply ignorant; by and large, Ed grad schools aren't
training teachers, that's mostly done in second or third tier colleges
at the undergraduate level.