Topic: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Replies: 24   Last Post: Feb 15, 2014 3:42 PM

thenewcalculus@gmail.com

Re: "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and
even saying nothing"

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:38:33 AM UTC+2, Port563 wrote:
> "Dr. Mike Ecker" <DrMWEcker@aol.com> wrote...
>

> > Of course, the real issue is that the poster appears to have no
>
> > understanding
>
> > of what is meant by ".999...."; hence, like idiots arguing about whether
>
> > snarkums are boojums or not, the poster is not merely wrong but actually
>
> > making no sense and even saying nothing.
>

> :|
>

> > (P.S. Yes, I am a mathematics professor...)
>

> Yes, we know. You had already told us:
>

> "Dr. Michael W. Ecker
>
> Associate Professor of Mathematics
>
> Pennsylvania State University
>
> Wilkes-Barre Campus"
>

> Now your name is being used on a near-daily basis by the original idiot,
>
> so as to berate those who showed far more sense and intelligence than
>
> you did, as they did not engage in any mathematical discussion whatsoever
>
> with the undesirable.
>

> Do you think you are very smart?

Indeed, 0.999... = 1 is a fallacy. Dr. Michael W. Ecker is a wanker from Penn State university. He is a generalist in mathematics and real analysis. Poor fucking stupid moron. He even looks like one:

http://www.wb.psu.edu/Information/News/20074.htm

Date Subject Author
4/10/13
Read 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Jens Stuckelberger
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
bacle
4/10/13
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
4/10/13
Read show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
[...]
4/12/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/14/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/10/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
4/11/13
Read Re: show the cannonical base-one digital representation not God-am
hashmarks thank you don't do it again <endquote>
JT
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
byron
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Pfsszxt@aol.com
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
Brian Q. Hutchings
1/8/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
William Hughes
1/9/14
Read Re: 0.9999... = 1 that means mathematics ends in contradiction
DrMWEcker
2/12/14
Read "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and even saying nothing"
Port563
2/12/14
Read Re: "the poster is not merely wrong but actually making no sense and
even saying nothing"
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/12/14
Read it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/14/14
Read Re: it simply cannot be avoided in "digital number bases, other than
base-one (where it does not arise
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/15/14
Read the dog ate your sense of humor