Topic: The explicate order
Replies: 20   Last Post: Feb 14, 2014 12:58 PM

Tom Potter

Re: The explicate order

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2/12/14, 9:00 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> The explicate order!
>
> How Hackers Take Down Web Sites [Video]

>> http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2014/02/11/how-hackers-take-down-web-sites-video/
>
>> Many of the Web sites we visit every day are under cyber attack by
>> malicious hackers looking to disrupt business transactions,
>> discourage people from using a particular online service or exact
>> payback for some real or perceived slight. One of the most common
>> ways to bring down a site is to flood its computer servers with so
>> much traffic, they slow to a crawl or shut down because they simply
>> can't handle the volume. This is known as a denial-of-service (DOS)
>> attack.

Sammy,
why do you spam sci.physics
with articles from popular science articles

and spam my posts with off topic comments
such as the one above?

Are you motivated to kill threads
that might get some folks to question conventional wisdom
by inserting stupid off topic posts.

As Archimedes Plutonium pointed out
a few years ago, it appears that when
someone's posts begin to get a little intellectual action,
you tend to flood sci.physics
with a batch of your popular science articles
so that they dominate the newsgroup.

Have you talked to your shrink about this compulsion?

--
Tom Potter
https://tdp1001.wiki.zoho.com/