Topic: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Replies: 26   Last Post: Feb 22, 2014 8:04 AM

kirby urner

Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
att1.html (2.0 K)

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2014, at 11:08 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Cruise missiles are a perfection of the V2 in many ways and Nazis would
> have loved to reign them down on London. The language used by those
> fighting the Drone Wars (not endorsed by Cascadia, though we love our
> drones, control 'em with Clojure 'n such) has many commonalities with Nazi
> groupthink. Indeed, there's much continuity between US policy post WW2 and
> Nazi thinking, more than you'd expect given "who won the war", but then
> remember a lot of that 'master race' BS started in places like Long Island.
>
> This doesn't make a lot of sense when the notion of "master something" is
> a major component of the notion of "Casicadia".
>
> Bob Hansen

Sorry about the typo ("reign them down" vs. "rain them down") -- fixed for
the web version.

How so "master something"? Are we talking about the same notion of
"Cascadia"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_%28independence_movement%29

It's your typical latent national identity archetype, a "Stan" (as in
Kurdistan) that doesn't quite get the recognition it'd get as a "real
place". The world is full of such "ghost" (as in "virtual") nations.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
2/9/14
Read Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/12/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/14/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/15/14
[...]
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/22/14