Topic: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Replies: 26   Last Post: Feb 22, 2014 8:04 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Feb 15, 2014 10:00 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9389188):
On Feb 15, 2014, at 11:08 AM, kirby urner
> <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Cruise missiles are a perfection of the V2 in many
> > ways and Nazis would have loved to reign them down on
> >London. The language used by those fighting the
> >Drone Wars (not endorsed by Cascadia, though we love
> >our drones, control 'em with Clojure 'n such) has
> >many commonalities with Nazi groupthink. Indeed,
> >there's much continuity between US policy post WW2
> >and Nazi thinking, more than you'd expect given "who
> >won the war", but then remember a lot of that 'master
> >race' BS started in places like Long Island.

> This doesn?t make a lot of sense when the notion of
> ?master something? is a major component of the notion
> of ?Casicadia?.
>
> Bob Hansen

If the above statement from RH has made any sense to anyone, I'd be most grateful for an explanation.

GSC

Date Subject Author
2/9/14
Read Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/12/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/14/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/15/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/15/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/15/14
[...]
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/22/14