Topic: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Replies: 26   Last Post: Feb 22, 2014 8:04 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak

Further my post dt. Feb 16, 2014 12:09 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=9389645?):

> Kirby Urner posted Feb 15, 2014 9:38

<SNIP>
> (GSC): This despite the clear and present evidence
> e available from practically everywhere in India that
> we are actually an 'amalgam' of almost all racial
> 'types' - 'brown', 'black', 'ivory' and 'yellow': all
> these 'racial types' have existed in India through
> quite some of our history. Some 'gene research' may
> well be most useful to help us understand ourselves
> better though I believe to enable acceptance would
> demand some fairly widespread study of systems. (And
> possibly there is some 'red' also here! [Though,
> about this last there may not be any definitive
> evidence available]).

<snip>

I believe it should be easy enough to determine genetically that we Indians today are actually an 'amalgam' of many racial 'colour-types' - 'brown', 'black', 'ivory' and 'yellow': the 'brown' and the 'black' being predominant, of course.

I am not adequately knowledgeable about the science of how various 'gene-types' express themselves in succeeding generations to say anything authoritative here. Any college student of biology etc should be able to correct me on this.

My thoughts about how the 'red' also may be a part of our 'Indian mix' come from some memories I have of my wanderings during the mid-sixties in the Sikkim and
Indo-Tibetan Himalayas: in the higher reaches, I VERY often encountered individuals who looked like the photographs I had seen in National Geographic, etc, of people inhabiting the Andean mountains! (Spitting images, actually!)

As earlier noted, my scientific understanding of such phenomena is very limited indeed.

GSC

Date Subject Author
2/9/14
Read Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/10/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Domenico Rosa
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/11/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Robert Hansen
2/12/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/14/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
Joe Niederberger
2/15/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/15/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/15/14
[...]
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
kirby urner
2/16/14
Read Re: Masters of psycho-babble and edu-speak
GS Chandy
2/22/14