Topic: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Replies: 62   Last Post: Feb 24, 2014 10:17 PM

Wizard-Of-Oz

Re: How to instantly spot a troll.

Roland Franzius <roland.franzius@uos.de> wrote in news:lefav4$evu$1
@newsserver.rrzn.uni-hannover.de:

> Am 24.02.2014 12:23, schrieb Wizard-Of-Oz:
>> John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in
>>

>>> On Monday, 24 February 2014 07:32:58 UTC+2, Wizard-Of-Oz wrote:
>>>
>>> Troll: That is a very poor definition of 'occupied already'
>>>
>>> JG: As you can see, that is a typical troll statement: He claims it is
>>> a very poor definition but does NOT say why and offers no alternative.
>>> He has spammed my thread continuously with such fine "mathematics".

>> It is poor because it is eaily refuted. Room 0 can be empty and all
>> rooms after full, and the defintiion will fail.
>>
>> Better would at least be that the hotel is fully occupied if for all
>> rooms r, room r is occupied

> Makes no WM-difference whatsoever if all rooms with unknown prime room
> numbers are unoccupied.

Your comment doesn't seem relevant or sensible. Are you making fun of
someone else here with the "WM-difference" and "unknown primes" ??

Date Subject Author
2/22/14
Read The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/22/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Virgil
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Virgil
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
fom
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
[...]
Read How to instantly spot a troll.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: How to instantly spot a troll.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: How to instantly spot a troll.
Roland Franzius
[...]
YBM
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
John
2/23/14
[...]
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
William Elliot
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Richard Tobin
2/23/14
[...]
David C. Ullrich
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
byron
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Peter Percival
2/24/14