Topic: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Replies: 62   Last Post: Feb 24, 2014 10:17 PM

LudovicoVan

From: London
Registered: 2/8/08
Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel

"John Gabriel" <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Monday, 24 February 2014 08:46:42 UTC+2, Julio Di Egidio wrote:
>> "John Gabriel" <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> > The Xeno paradox is not a paradox at all. It is an exercise in wrong
>> > thinking which I have disproved at the STATU (Space time and the
>> > universe)
>> > forum. I am not about to do it here again.

>> I have no time now to go through the various replies. In the meantime,
>> could you share a link to that post of yours: I am interested.

> See page 25 of the article at:
>
> https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6b6a8a596275a7a7a9
>
> However, there are over 2500 comments at the following link:
>
> http://www.spacetimeandtheuniverse.com/math/4507-0-999-equal-one-116.html
>
> While a Search function exists, it does not work that well. I have
> commented on many other topics besides the 0.999 debate.
>
> I recall at least three comments where I thoroughly debunk the Xeno (non)
> paradox with actual examples. Sorry, but you have to search for these
> yourself. I have very low-bandwidth and pay for a fixed amount of
> gigabytes.
>
> One of the contributors (Grapes) was involved in the debate concerning
> Xeno's paradox.

I'll see what I can gather, although as you had anticipated, the search
function is broken, so it's gonna be pretty difficult... Yet, that Achilles
reaches the tortoise at some point is a fact: so, whichever your specific
answer, I'd expect you do have an answer to the (mathematical) question
"where is that?"

Julio

Date Subject Author
2/22/14
Read The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/22/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Virgil
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Virgil
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
fom
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Virgil
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read How to instantly spot a troll.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: How to instantly spot a troll.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: How to instantly spot a troll.
Roland Franzius
[...]
YBM
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
John
2/23/14
[...]
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
LudovicoVan
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
William Elliot
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Richard Tobin
2/23/14
[...]
David C. Ullrich
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
byron
2/24/14
Read Re: The self-contradictory infinite hotel
Peter Percival
2/24/14