The Math Forum

Topic: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Replies: 231   Last Post: Mar 22, 2014 9:23 PM

Inverse 18 Mathematics

Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.

On February 26, 2014, John Gabriel wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 February 2014 20:20:45 UTC+2, Soap Research wrote:
>

> > On February 26, 2014, Wizard-Of-Oz wrote:
>

> > > John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in

> > > That's what I said you claimed.

> > > That means the result is an integer quotient with a zero remainder

> > > You agreed that that is what divides exactly means

> > > I have

> > > So now you are saying that that is what you mean by 'divides exactly'. I
>

> > > did ask you what you meant, and you did't say.

> > > YOU need to proof that noone can.

> > > You claim what you say is rigorous, so you need to PROVE that for any
>

> > > function f(x), you can simplify (f(x+n)-f(x-m))/(m+n) and that
>

> > > simplification will not have any term involving (m+n) in the denominator

> > > Try f(x) = sin(x)
>

> > I'll give it a try. Let f(x) = sin(x)
>

> > f(x+n)-f(x-m) = sin(x+n) - sin(x-m)
>

> > = sin(x) cos(n) + cox(x) sin(n)
>

> > - (sin(x) cos(m) - cos(x) sin(m))
>

> > = sin(x) (cos(n) - cos(m)) + cos(x) (sin(n) + sin(m))
>

> > = sin(x) * 2 cos((n+m)/2) cos((n-m)/2)
>

> > + cos(x) * 2 sin((n+m)/2) cos((n-m)/2)
>

> > Now, Mr. Gabriel, would you please help me and indicate how I can simplify (m+n) in the previous example? How can I reach f'(x) = cos(x) + Q(x, m, n) from here? BTW, you can't use anything from "flawed old calculus", only your new calculus.
>

> > Thanks.
>

> It's wrong from the first line. Tsk, tsk.
>

> Here you go:
>

> http://www.spacetimeandtheuniverse.com/math/4507-0-999-equal-one-442.html#post25653

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the derivative cannot be done if sin(x) gives non-terminating values. Saying that sin(Pi/3) = sqrt(3)/2 is meaningless because saying that sqrt(3)/2 = 0.8660254... is a non-sense in your new calculus. Right?

Date Subject Author
2/22/14
Read John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
[...]
Dirk Van de moortel
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
[...]
2/25/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/25/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Art Hopkins
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/23/14
Read Space time and the universe (STATU).
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Giddy Armstrong
2/24/14
[...]
YBM
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Roland Franzius
2/26/14
[...]
Karl-Olav Nyberg
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Karl-Olav Nyberg
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/26/14
Read the story of number (what is the canonical representation of
base-one, not "hashmarks [Roman numeralS
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/28/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
2/28/14
Read 'rithmetical (trivial
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/28/14
Read Re: 'rithmetical (trivial
Peter Percival
2/28/14
Read Re: 'rithmetical (trivial
fom
2/28/14
Read 'rithmetical (trivial
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/28/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
John Gabriel
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Karl-Olav Nyberg
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/2/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/2/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
John Gabriel
3/3/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
John Gabriel
3/3/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/3/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/4/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Karl-Olav Nyberg
3/4/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Karl-Olav Nyberg
3/5/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/5/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/5/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/6/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read "skwaring the cyrcle
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/3/14
[...]
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/8/14
Read base-zero for fun (but not infinite series
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/9/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/9/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/10/14
Read calculi
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/12/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/12/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/12/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/13/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/12/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Mutt Buncher
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Virgil
3/8/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/9/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/9/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/12/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Peter Percival
3/12/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/12/14
Read geometry for ... folks (ratios in constructive [synthetic geometry
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/13/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
David C. Ullrich
3/13/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/13/14
Read calculi
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/22/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Al Bundy
3/9/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Tom Traubert
3/1/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Ross Donglemeier
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
PianoMan
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/28/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Harman Kardan
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
Ross Donglemeier
2/27/14
Read Re: New Calculus for Dummies.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read What you had to know in mathematics but your educators could not tell you.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: What you had to know in mathematics but your educators could not tell you.
[...]
Read Construction of rational numbers and arithmetic axioms.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: Construction of rational numbers and arithmetic axioms.
sceptic
3/1/14
Read Re: Construction of rational numbers and arithmetic axioms.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: Construction of rational numbers and arithmetic axioms.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/1/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Sal Honda
3/1/14
Read Bourbaki did iT
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/1/14
Read Re: Bourbaki did iT
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read The Gabriel Polynomial
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/1/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Karl-Olav Nyberg
3/2/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Karl-Olav Nyberg
3/2/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
John Gabriel
3/2/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
John Gabriel
3/2/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Gabriel's Polynomial
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: Gabriel's Polynomial - absolutely useless
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Re: Gabriel's Polynomial - absolutely useless
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read The Gabriel Polynomial - One of the many great features in the New Calculus.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read How New Ideas and Knowledge are often treated.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: How New Ideas and Knowledge are often treated.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Re: The Gabriel Polynomial - One of the many great features in the New Calculus.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Re: Gabriel's Polynomial - absolutely useless
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/3/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Construction of Rational Numbers.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Construction of Rational Numbers. - still useless
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/4/14
Read Re: Construction of Rational Numbers.
Peter Percival
3/4/14
Read Re: Construction of Rational Numbers.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Construction of Rational Numbers.
Major Doctor
3/5/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read True knowledge or Cantor's Fools Paradise, which?
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read Re: True knowledge or Cantor's Fools Paradise, which?
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/6/14
Read The first and only rigorous formulation of calculus in human history.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read Re: The first and only rigorous formulation of calculus in human history.
Dirk Van de moortel
3/6/14
Read Re: The first and only rigorous formulation of calculus in human history.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read Re: The first and only rigorous formulation of calculus in human history.
Dirk Van de moortel
3/6/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/7/14
[...]
3/11/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Hoofington P. McSnort
3/11/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/11/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/11/14
Read Re: John Gabriel's Thread on Mathematics.
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/11/14
Read hrea
Brian Q. Hutchings