Topic: Infinity: The Story So Far
Replies: 298   Last Post: Apr 7, 2014 7:30 AM

Wizard-Of-Oz

Re: Infinity: The Story So Far

John Gabriel <thenewcalculus@gmail.com> wrote in

> [...]
> numbers can be written as S(x), but not 0 according to the imbecile
> Peano. That's what Peano 3 is saying.
>
> 4. If the successor of two natural numbers is the same, then the two
> original numbers are the same.
>
> Peano 4 tells us S(x)=S(y) => x=y. What a profound statement! :-)
> This introduces the vague notion of difference.
>
> 5. If a set contains zero and the successor of every number is in the
> set, then the set contains the natural numbers.
>
> There are so many assumptions in Peano 5, that it's hard to even think
> of where to begin addressing the bullshit.
>
> It infuriates me that the amoebas on this forum DARED to compare my
> axioms with this fucking rot.
>
> To subscribe to such rot exposes your lack of intelligence.
>
> And now, for the sound construction of numbers from scratch and the
> new axioms:
>
> Construction of rational numbers:
>

> 1. A magnitude is the idea of size of extent. We can either tell that
> two magnitudes are equal or not. If we can tell they are not equal,
> then we know which is smaller or bigger, but we can't tell how much
> bigger or smaller. This is called qualitative measurement (without
> numbers).
>
> 2. We can form ratios of magnitudes. AB : CD where AB and CD are line
> segments. The expression AB : CD means the comparison of magnitudes AB
> and CD.
>
> 3. A ratio of equal magnitudes, say AB : AB or CD : CD allows us to
> use either as the standard of measurement, that is, the unit. The unit
> is a ratio of equal magnitudes.
>
> 4. The unit enables us now to compare AB and CD if both are exact
> multiples of the unit that measures both. We can now perform
> quantitative measurement, because we can tell how much greater AB is
> than CD or how much less AB is than CD.
>
> 5. Finally, if a magnitude is only part of a unit, then we arrive at a
> ratio of numbers, say AB : CD where AB and CD are multiples of the
> unit. AB : CD now means the comparison of numbers AB and CD. When we
> write AB/CD, it is called a fraction.
>
> So, in five steps I have derived the concept of number for you. There
> is one thing left - what happens when you can't measure a magnitude
> that is not a multiple of a unit and can't be expressed exactly using
> any part of a unit? This is called an incommensurable magnitude and
> the best you can do is provide an approximation such as 3.14159... or
> 1.414..., etc.
>
> Euclid's Elements:
> Definition of magnitude: Bk V.
> My definition of magnitude is better than Euclid's because it is not
> circular. Definition of number: Bk. VII
>
> The Axioms of Arithmetic:
>
> 1. The difference (or subtraction) of two numbers is that number which
> describes how much the larger exceeds the smaller.
>
> Explanation: We start with the primitive operator of subtraction
> (difference) which is '-'. We cannot do monkey things like 1-3 because

That is not ruled out by your axiom. 1 - 3 is not forbidden by your
axiom which simply refers to two number.

1 and 3 are two number. Subtraction is how much the larger exceed the
smaller, so for 1 - 3, 3 is the larger, 1 is the smaller, 2 is how much
the larger exceed the smaller so 1 - 3 = 2

> The smaller is subtracted from the bigger, like
> this: 3 - 1 = 2.
>
> Besides, you *can't even begin* to do subtraction with the Peano rot
> axioms!!!

You have to define subtraction, which is done based upon the axioms and
other operations which you define.

> There is NO WAY you can say 1 - 3 in Peano's fartioms. :-) You have to
> use '+' because it is the operator of the successor function.

No .. its not. Though once addition is defined from peano you can
express the successor using addition. Addition, subtraction and other
operations can be derived from the successor.

> Using my axioms, '-' is used in *every operation*.

Not really a benefit.

> 2. The difference of equal numbers is zero.
>
> Explanation: k - k = 0

That is fine

> 3. The sum (or addition) of two numbers is that number whose
> difference with either of the two numbers is either of the two
> numbers.
>
> Explanation: m - n = d where m > n. So, n + d = m.

So, lets take then numbers 2 and 3. We need to the look at either one
or the other of those numbers. Lets take 3. We have that 6 - 3 = 3 and
3 is either of the numbers. So we get 2 + 3 = 6

> 4. The quotient (or division) of two numbers is that magnitude that
> measures either number in terms of the other.

Lets take 2 / 6. So we want the magnitude that measures either in terms
of the other. 3 measure 6 in terms of 2. so 2 / 6 = 3

> Explanation: 2/3 measures 3. How? 3 - (2/3 + 2/3 + 2/3)=0
> or 2/3 +
> 2/3 + 2/3 = 3

BAHAHAH .. 3 = 2/3 + 2/3 + 2/3

You're still a moron

> since we defined addition in (3).
>
> 1/3 measures 2. How? 2 - (1/3+1/3+1/3+1/3+1/3+1/3) = 0. In this
> case, 2 is measured by the reciprocal of 3. The axioms says "in terms
> of the other".
>
> 5. If a unit is divided by a number into *equal* parts, then each of
> these parts of a unit, is called the reciprocal of that number.

You need to thank me for getting you to add the word "equal". I expect
an acknowledgment for my contribution to improving this axiom

> Explanation: 1/k + 1/k + +1/k (k times) = 1.
>
> 6. Division by zero is undefined.
>
> Explanation: Zero does not measure ANY other number except itself.
>
> 7. The product (or multiplication) of two numbers is the quotient of
> either number with the reciprocal of the other.
>
> Explanation: m x n = m / (1/n) or n / (1/m)
>
> 8. The difference of any number and zero is the number.
>
> Observe that all the basic arithmetic operations are defined in terms
> of difference.

Observe you updated your axioms with my correction, but they still are
not correct.

Observe your axions give 2 - 3 = 1, 2 + 3 - 6, 2 / 6 = 3

Date Subject Author
2/25/14
Read Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/25/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Brian Q. Hutchings
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/25/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Leo Sgouros
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
William Elliot
3/1/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/2/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Martin Shobe
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Martin Shobe
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read show a canonical base-one accounting by induction on base-eleven
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read the story of numbers
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Tanu R.
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Tanu R.
2/28/14
[...]
Peter Percival
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Peter Percival
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
4/7/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Aatu Koskensilta
2/27/14
[...]
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Martin Shobe
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Sal Honda
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far - JG sloppy axioms
[...]
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far - JG's axioms allow 2+3=6
[...]
Read The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
fom
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
fom
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
Dan Christensen
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/28/14
Read Difference between postulate and axiom.
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Difference between postulate and axiom.
Harman Kardan
2/28/14
Read Re: Difference between postulate and axiom.
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Difference between postulate and axiom.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Johnny Oiler
3/1/14
[...]
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
John Gabriel
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
3/2/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far - BG's failed attempt at constructing numbers
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read How I established my axioms.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
Jürgen R.
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/3/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
New Balance
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
New Balance
3/4/14
Read Infinity does not exist and Peano was a moron.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
[...]
Read No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
YBM
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
New Balance
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read poster boy for "let's die-a-log
Brian Q. Hutchings
[...]
[...]