Topic: Infinity: The Story So Far
Replies: 298   Last Post: Apr 7, 2014 7:30 AM

thenewcalculus@gmail.com

Re: Infinity: The Story So Far

On Sunday, 2 March 2014 02:41:00 UTC+2, Wizard-Of-Oz wrote:
> [...]

> smaller, so for 1 - 3, 3 is the larger, 1 is the smaller, 2 is how much
>
> the larger exceed the smaller so 1 - 3 = 2
>

> > The smaller is subtracted from the bigger, like
>
> > this: 3 - 1 = 2.
>

> > Besides, you *can't even begin* to do subtraction with the Peano rot
>
> > axioms!!!
>

> You have to define subtraction, which is done based upon the axioms and
>
> other operations which you define.
>

> > There is NO WAY you can say 1 - 3 in Peano's fartioms. :-) You have to
>
> > use '+' because it is the operator of the successor function.
>

> No .. its not. Though once addition is defined from peano you can
>
> express the successor using addition. Addition, subtraction and other
>
> operations can be derived from the successor.
>

> > Using my axioms, '-' is used in *every operation*.
>

> Not really a benefit.
>

> > 2. The difference of equal numbers is zero.
>

> > Explanation: k - k = 0
>

> That is fine
>

> > 3. The sum (or addition) of two numbers is that number whose
>
> > difference with either of the two numbers is either of the two
>
> > numbers.
>

> > Explanation: m - n = d where m > n. So, n + d = m.
>

> So, lets take then numbers 2 and 3. We need to the look at either one
>
> or the other of those numbers. Lets take 3. We have that 6 - 3 = 3 and
>
> 3 is either of the numbers. So we get 2 + 3 = 6
>

> > 4. The quotient (or division) of two numbers is that magnitude that
>
> > measures either number in terms of the other.
>

> Lets take 2 / 6. So we want the magnitude that measures either in terms
>
> of the other. 3 measure 6 in terms of 2. so 2 / 6 = 3
>

> > Explanation: 2/3 measures 3. How? 3 - (2/3 + 2/3 + 2/3)=0
>
> > or 2/3 +
>
> > 2/3 + 2/3 = 3
>

> BAHAHAH .. 3 = 2/3 + 2/3 + 2/3
>

> You're still a moron
>

> > since we defined addition in (3).
>

> > 1/3 measures 2. How? 2 - (1/3+1/3+1/3+1/3+1/3+1/3) = 0. In this
>
> > case, 2 is measured by the reciprocal of 3. The axioms says "in terms
>
> > of the other".
>

> > 5. If a unit is divided by a number into *equal* parts, then each of
>
> > these parts of a unit, is called the reciprocal of that number.
>

> You need to thank me for getting you to add the word "equal". I expect
>
> an acknowledgment for my contribution to improving this axiom
>

> > Explanation: 1/k + 1/k + +1/k (k times) = 1.
>

> > 6. Division by zero is undefined.
>

> > Explanation: Zero does not measure ANY other number except itself.
>

> > 7. The product (or multiplication) of two numbers is the quotient of
>
> > either number with the reciprocal of the other.
>

> > Explanation: m x n = m / (1/n) or n / (1/m)
>

> > 8. The difference of any number and zero is the number.
>

> > Observe that all the basic arithmetic operations are defined in terms
>
> > of difference.
>

> Observe you updated your axioms with my correction, but they still are
>
> not correct.
>

> Observe your axions give 2 - 3 = 1, 2 + 3 - 6, 2 / 6 = 3

As long as you keep claiming that 2 - 3 = 1, you can't be helped. NONE of my axioms imply your stupidity. Rest of your ignorant rant ignored.

Date Subject Author
2/25/14
Read Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/25/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Brian Q. Hutchings
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/25/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Leo Sgouros
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
William Elliot
3/1/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/2/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Martin Shobe
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Martin Shobe
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read show a canonical base-one accounting by induction on base-eleven
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/26/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/26/14
Read the story of numbers
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Tanu R.
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Tanu R.
2/28/14
[...]
Peter Percival
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Peter Percival
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
4/7/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Aatu Koskensilta
2/27/14
[...]
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Martin Shobe
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Sal Honda
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
fom
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
2/27/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far - JG sloppy axioms
[...]
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far - JG's axioms allow 2+3=6
[...]
Read The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
fom
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
fom
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
Dan Christensen
2/28/14
Read Re: The Spaghetti Axioms were meant to...
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/28/14
Read Difference between postulate and axiom.
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Difference between postulate and axiom.
Harman Kardan
2/28/14
Read Re: Difference between postulate and axiom.
John Gabriel
2/28/14
Read Re: Difference between postulate and axiom.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/28/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Johnny Oiler
3/1/14
[...]
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
John Gabriel
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/3/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Virgil
3/2/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far - BG's failed attempt at constructing numbers
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read How I established my axioms.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
Jürgen R.
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/3/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
New Balance
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
Wizard-Of-Oz
3/2/14
Read Re: How I established my axioms.
New Balance
3/4/14
Read Infinity does not exist and Peano was a moron.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/4/14
Read Re: Infinity: The Story So Far
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
[...]
Read No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
Dan Christensen
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/5/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
YBM
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
New Balance
3/6/14
Read Re: No need for spaghetti "axioms".
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
3/6/14
Read poster boy for "let's die-a-log
Brian Q. Hutchings
[...]
[...]