Topic: Structured Programming
Replies: 69   Last Post: Mar 7, 2014 7:18 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Structured Programming

On Mar 2, 2014, at 4:37 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> As I mentioned in a recent thread, the Object Oriented way of programming
> may be regarded as arising from the same motives as Structured Programming:
> to streamline code while making it more readable, reusable and reliable.

If it makes programming easier, for programmers, it survives. In the 50?s and 60?s the idea was that there would be a universal language, even a universal machine. But we now know that there are many factors that make a universal anything unattainable. Giants like COBOL and FORTRAN still survive, 50 years later. But good technology, when it arrives, has certainly been shared between the languages we do have. Also, in the 50?s, 60?s and some of the 70?s they dreamed of a language simple enough for any user to use. But they hadn?t yet seen the PC and the amazing applications/paradigms it would bring to users. Programming, other than as an occupation, became quickly unneeded, even for mathematicians and scientists.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
3/1/14
Read Structured Programming
[...]
[...]